Oct 19, 2009

Yoga Mats : Gaiam Yoga Mat (Koi Fish)




I just got this mat, and it is very nice. It is quite sticky, and definately provides for great grip. I don't slide around at all. The design is absolutely fantastic!

This was my first 1/8 inch mat. I've always had the 1/4 inch thicker mats. I think this mat gives me a better grip while doing yoga on CARPET. You can feel the floor more, and feel more grounded. Definately worth a try if you're used to the thicker mats.

Just a warning, the smell of this mat will knock you out! When i first unwrapped it, i had to put it upstairs in an enclosed bedroom with the windows opened because it was smelling up the ENTIRE house. After 2 days in that room the smell was COMPLETELY gone, I didn't even wash it. I used it on the third day and didn't notice a smell at all. This is my 4th yoga mat, and they ALL smell, so that is just something that every mat does. (except maybe the eco mats, but I don't like the strange texture.)

No comments:

My Blog List