Nov 26, 2009

Yoga Mats : Manduka eKO 71-Inch 5mm Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat Manduka eKO 71-Inch 5mm Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat




I just got my mat in the mail yesterday, and from the moment I put it on the floor it was love at first sight. What a wonderful mat! I've never owned a Manduka before, but I have owned two other mats (the standard Harmony mat by Jade and another eco mat, the Earth Elements by Hugger Mugger). I was dismayed when my Earth Elements started getting abrasions all over the place after using it for less than a year (daily). So I sadly looked at other options, not thinking I'd find anything better (Prana and Gaiam make almost identical mats to the Earth Elements). Then I read about the Manduka eKO and decided to try it. Boy am I glad I did! What a great mat. It was sticky even right out of the packaging, lays super flat, and I feel incredibly grounded despite it's very generous 5mm thickness. Also, it's a bit wider and longer than regular mats, which is very nice. I've used it twice already, and I am never going to use another mat! Plus, it's 100% totally environmentally friendly, unlike the Earth Elements (made out of TPE). I'd much rather spend $65 dollars once and have the mat forever than have to buy a new mat every year because my mats keep breaking down! I highly recommend this mat.

No comments:

My Blog List